Learning FrameMaker 7.0 on Mactel (10.4.10) with Parallels/XP Home

Mark Poston mark.poston at mekon.com
Tue Aug 28 06:03:19 PDT 2007

Noel,

I use FM7.2 & 8 on a daily basis on Windows XP Pro under Parallels. It has
been a very stable environment for me. Using Parallels in Coherent mode
means that FM sits nicely with my other Mac apps.

I had one instance where the virtual hard disk got corrupt after an upgrade
of Parallels and lost a small amount of work. Since then I share my Mac's
user documents folder and store my work in there. This allows me to backup
up my Windows files along with my Mac work at the same time.

Being able to double click on an FM file from Mac's Finder and open it up in
FrameMaker within Parallels makes life nice and easy. You can even drag a
file from Finder into FrameMaker in Parallels.

Regards

Mark Poston
Senior Consultant & Technical Architect
Mekon Ltd.