Text lines disappearing below bottom of main text flow frame

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 13:51:05 PDT 2007

Lester,

Thank you for the suggestions.

This is my first two column big job so far. I have not started
feathering yet, but I found later today a suggestion lurking somewhere
in my old posts (when ordered to delete out of my mail box) a
suggestion that changing the widow/orphan to three lines. They are set
to two lines.

I cannot see that this behavior has any connection to keep with
next/previous unless there are some headings etc. farther down the
file that stopped the flowing. I did not check that. I will certainly
bear that in mind now when I will be going over this again.

As to rehyphenation, this happened when going through hyphenation by
hand. Language being Icelandic, which is unsupported by Adobe, I had
run the Dashes Pro Demo on the RTF files which were then imported to
to FrameMaker 7.2. The Dashes Pro proved to be very inaccurate in
hyphenation, the best thing was to do a find \- and either delete or
keep and some times even add new. And to complicate things further,
the eth and thorn and even an accented y (which are all parts of the
extended ASCII) seem to FrameMaker just as some space character when
it comes to hyphenating.

Thanks again and God bless,

Bodvar