Auto-Generation of PDF's

Kenneth C. Benson kbenson at pegtype.com
Thu Aug 30 14:07:20 PDT 2007

Ed Lightle wrote:

> Also, should I just try to learn how to distill to "watched folders"
> using Acrobat?  If so, where do I go to learn how?

Printing to a watched folder is so easy it doesn't require any special
learning. In Distiller, go to Settings > Watched Folders and choose the
folder you'd like to work from (ideally, a nice short path like
c:\temp). This will create two subfolders in that folder: "in" and
"out". Now when you print to a PS file, direct it to the "in" folder.
Leave Distiller running and it will check the folder every 10 seconds
(unless you change that setting to something else) and try to distill
whatever it finds in there and move it to the "out" folder.

If you put Distiller in your Startup folder, then you won't even have to
make sure it's running. It will just start with the computer.

Kenneth Benson
Pegasus Type, Inc.
www.pegtype.com