batch processing of large numbers of text files?

B Hechter bhechter at objectives.ca
Fri Aug 31 09:45:55 PDT 2007

Hi Framers,

Well, it looks like I will need to batch process a large number of ASCII
(plain text) system configuration files in the same manner, in order to
filter out information that I do not need, before I import them into Frame.

I don't know if this a proper topic for the list, but it takes me back to my
UNIX days of using "sed" with great success (even for a non-programmer like
me), to create a standard set of batch text processing instructions that
could be applied consistently and repetitively to large numbers of
pattern-based plain text files.

The question is two fold:
a) any sed FM users out there?
b) are there other similar (economical) options for batch processing of text
files?

Comments and opinions are most welcome.

Thanks!

Ben