Webworks Publisher tables

Michael Müller-Hillebrand mmh at cap-studio.de
Wed Dec 5 07:47:04 PST 2007

Am 05.12.2007 um 15:49 schrieb mulholland4:

> I need to resize tables in Webworks Publisher Pro v7.02. I am
> writing the
> document in Framemaker v6.0
> I  have a lot of tables in the document which I am converting into
> online
> help using Webworks Publisher Pro v7.02. The tables look fine in
> Framemaker,
> but when they are converted into help each cell is the wrong size and
> generally the tables are gigantic. Is there anyway I can resize
> these so
> they look good in the online help?

I learned from many projects that the automatic table sizing applied
by web browsers in most cases does a good job. Sometimes tables are
used a little bit awkward.

First of all you should try to get version 7.0.6, which is the latest
version of Webworks Publisher Professional 7.

In general, the browser looks for the cells with the longest line; so
you can influence the columns widths by entering line breaks.

For a better solution:

* Create a unique table style in FrameMaker and duplicate an existing
table style in WWP

* Map those two styles

* Add a class attribute to the table tag in WWP

* Create appropriate CSS styles in the document.css (may be a
different name)

* Be happy

- Michael (who still has customers using WWP6, 7, and 8)

Michael Müller-Hillebrand: Dokumentations-Technologien
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
Lösungen und Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
http://cap-studio.de/ -- Tel. +49 (9131) 28747