Global TOC

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 11:56:18 PST 2007

Kelly,

The bookmarks are created first in FrameMaker by generating a TOC (or
any other list) with the "Generate Hyperlinks" checkbox active. If you
do that, when you generate a PDF, all the topics in the TOC or list
are converted to PDF bookmarks and the TOC contains the links.

All you need to do is set up a book file containing your source files
(Note that this is a meta-book, in that it contains the source files
that you used to generate your individual PDFs.), generate a TOC for
it, and produce a PDF of the book. When you generate the PDF, specify
that individual files should be created instead of a single book-level
file.

Art

On Dec 6, 2007 2:39 PM, Kelly McDaniel <kmcdaniel at pavtech.com> wrote:
> This is a PDF question.
>
> I have a bunch of FrameMaker source.
> I produce only PDFs.
>
> I would like to create a single TOC (bookmarks) with links to each of
> the bookmarked topics in each of the individual PDFs.
>
> Any ideas...tnx, Kelly.

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358