Reset View Only

J. Paul Kent jopakent at comcast.net
Fri Dec 7 04:32:08 PST 2007

I had a power failure last night and my PC shut down (FM 7.1 Win XP).

When I restarted, my book was locked as were all of the component files. I
chose to reset the lock on all of them, except for one, which I must have
fat fingered when presented the option.

Now every time I update my book, I see the message,

The file <XXX> is View-Only. FrameMaker might change this file while
updating the book.

I've closed and opened the book several times and restarted Frame, but to no
avail.

How can I reset it so that it's not view only and I can edit it again?

Of course it's d-day, so natch these things are inevitable.

J. Paul Kent