Replacing Framemaker

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 04:31:00 PST 2007

Very good reference indeed. IMHO, the main drawback of OOo vs M$Word
is that it tries too much to imitate the latter.

I use OOo a lot, but i find it much harder to work with than
FrameMaker. It seems to default to arbitrary formatting rather than
paragraph and character formatting tags, which it has. Like M$W, OOo
does too much guessing on what you are going to to regarding numbering
etc.

Bodvar