QA wants unique edition number in changed footers

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 05:22:58 PST 2007

The easiest way IMHO is to use the markers "Header/Footer $1" and/or
"Header/Footer $2" and reference these in the footer with, say,
"RunningH/F 3" and/or "RunningH/F 4" resp., which read these markers.
These two markers and system variables are there to meet the need of
showing a revision number (letter or number) and a revision date, both
extensively used in aviation documentation.

You put the marker(s) somewhere on the first page of each chapter and
enter whatever letter or number you want to use for the revision
status in the text box.

If you need to show different revision numbers in any other page in
the same chapter (file), just repeat the action for that page, and
then every page that has a different revision status from the page
before.

HTH,

Bodvar