Paste Special

Charles Beck Charles.Beck at infor.com
Thu Feb 1 19:30:04 PST 2007

I second this endorsement, although I offer one caveat: Some Microsoft
products do not play nice with this tool. For example, if you have
HovText on, and you try to copy the contents of a cell in Excel, it does
not copy and the cell does not even stay selected. Quite threw me the
first few times I encountered it.

Fortunately, HovText has an option to set up your own keyboard shortcut
to turn it on and off. So, when working in Excel, I just toggle HovText
off, and all is well with the world.

To bring it back home, though, it works marvelously well in copying text
from other products, such as Word, into FrameMaker.

Chuck