Tip for loading remote imported graphics quicker

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Fri Feb 2 08:00:27 PST 2007

James Dyson wrote:

> Problem: My graphics are imported and stored another server, while frame
> is on another PC. As a result, the loading time for graphics is
> wretched, and each page in the document with a graphic in it would cause
> the hourglass to appear, and each page would take a bit to load.

Your solution of printing the book to a junk file sounds workable.

Don't forget though, that if your document has reached the stage where
you're not actually working with the graphics themselves, you can simply
turn off the display of graphics (View > Options > Graphics). You'll see
the anchored frames' borders (if view borders is enabled), but there's
no loading of remote files at all.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical writers explain How to Work the Product."

Get Firefox!
http://tinyurl.com/8q9c5