Asking a favor

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 2 12:07:17 PST 2007

If I'm writing a technical document (i.e. writing on a technical topic),
I might need to refer to the semiconductor type, but I am exceedingly
unlikely to ever refer to a style manual.

If I am writing about the practice of technical writing, on the other
hand, it's pretty unlikely that I will ever have to refer to types of
semiconductors, and if I do I will certainly know to expand the
acronym.