Spell check error when trying to learn a word

Fri Feb 9 07:03:51 PST 2007

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson wrote:

> I have had this error message many times but never taken the
> time to find out, because I usually don't have the time when
> this happens. Any help out there?

Help with what -- taking the time to find out? ;-)

> On 2/2/07, Lester C. Smalley <lsmalley at infocon.com> wrote:
> > Have you actually looked at the Spelling Checker Options, i.e.,
> > clicking on the "Options" button on the right side of the Spelling
> > Checker window, and seeing what choices are enabled?
> >
> > I haven't encountered this particular error myself, but Frame is
> > clearly letting you know that there is a conflict with
> trying to add
> > this word due to the settings of the options.
> >

> > On Friday, February 02, 2007 11:58 AM, Larry Bonura wrote:
> >
> > | When running spell check, I get the following message
> when trying to
> > | get FrameMaker to learn a word: "Cannot add xxx to a
> dictionary. To
> > | add xxx to a dictionary, first deselect the corresponding Find
> > | setting in the Spelling Checker Options dialog box."
> What does this
> > | mean?  I've tried searching the web and Adobe's web site,
> but I find
> > | nothing.  Thanks.

As for Larry's problem, it's impossible to know why he can't add "xxx"
without knowing what "xxx" is. But Lester's advice (or the FM message)
should have enabled him to figure it out in a few seconds. My guess
would be that "xxx" contains "Unusual Capitalization" and that option is
selected in Spelling Checker Options.

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs