First Hurdle

MATT TODD mtodd at arielcorp.com
Fri Feb 9 11:12:01 PST 2007

All,

Congratulate me, friends! As a newbie, I just completed my first
preliminary manual in FM without overrides or unresolved xrefs or any
other shenanigans that I can see. Everything appears to work great. Hah!
It's pizza for me!

I'm working with legacy documentation created in Word and FM 7.0
unstructured. The goal is FM 7.0 structured. As I understand it, once
you have a clean unstructured document, the next step is EDD development
(of which I have no clue), is that correct? Also...another dumb question
probably...I read up on how the FM conditional text feature works, and
it apparently will fit nicely with our documentation - but are there any
pitfalls or difficulties to it in structured FM?

One final question...is structured FM difficult to learn? I have to
admit that it looks daunting to me. How long did it take some of you to
learn?

Matt