First Hurdle

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 10 00:24:53 PST 2007

Moral: don't post late at night when brain fuddled.

At 23:38 +0000 9/2/07, Steve Rickaby wrote:

> >One final question...is structured FM difficult to learn? I have to
>>admit that it looks daunting to me. How long did it take some of you to
>>learn?
>
>Some of me learnt it in a few days.

I did not intend to claim superhuman powers. I should have said that, starting from a reasonable level of competence with unstructured FrameMaker, I picked up the *basics* of structure in a few days. It then took me a few weeks to develop my first EDD.

As we all know, deep competence in anything can take years.

--
Steve