Font size in Frame cross ref

rebecca officer rebecca.officer at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Tue Feb 13 18:48:55 PST 2007

Hi David

Well, if it works it's probably okay. The only thing that worries me is
that you may have problems maintaining it long-term.

The general advice is to avoid overrides. But I'd better define what
"override" actually means: it's formatting applied to part or all of a
paragraph by some method other than a character tag. For example, you
can apply an override by changing something in the paragraph designer
and clicking the Apply button, or by using the bold toolbar button. This
is a bad idea because it makes it harder to update a format globally.

Changing the formatting by applying a named character tag is fine. But
if the changed formatting applies to all words in every heading at that
level, you'd be better off just updating the paragraph tag (through the
paragraph designer) and removing the character tag / override from all
of them.

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Rebecca

>>> "Shenton, David (DTRN)" <david.shenton at smithsdetection.com>
14/02/07 03:57 >>>

 Hi Rebecca thanks for the advice

All the cross-refs that worked had a character overrides, The ones
that
were giving me the problem had no character over ride.

So I went in and applied the same character format to the cross-refs
that functioned correctly..... and it worked, was this correct method.

Dave