problems with master pages in 7.2

Rene Stephenson rinnie1 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 16:00:20 PST 2007

Clarifying... You have no sideheads in any text flows on any master pages, but when you reapply master pages, you don't get prompted to remove overrides, and yet the sideheads persist...?

  If I'm correctly understanding your case, I'd try opening the template that has no sideheads and do File > Import page layouts with both remove options selected. If that doesn't fix it, I'd start prowling through the paragraph designer to make sure that none of the paragraph formats use the pagination setting for Side Head-Alignment.

  Try those, if you haven't already...
  HTH
  Rene Stephenson

Elisa Sawyer <ascribe at gmail.com> wrote:
  I'm trying to completely remove room for sideheads from a set of Frame
7.2 files. In the O'Keefe and Loring "Complete Reference," it mentions
that there should be a pop-up that asks me whether I want to remove
the master page overrides. It's not happening, and the room for
sideheads is still there even though Frame tells me there are no
overrides. any ideas?

--
Elisa R. Sawyer