Translation choices?

Reng, Winfried Dr. wreng at tycoint.com
Fri Feb 23 00:53:04 PST 2007

Hi,

France and Poland have a "language protection law". It
demands that everything must be published in French or
Poland respectively. This may encompass even internal
publications.

Other countries in the EU demand publications in local
languages if otherwise you cannot install or use the product
or cannot use the product safely (warnings). Depends all on
your users.

The CE sign does not demand translations but conformity to
specifications and to standards. When these standards demand
a translation, then of course the documentation must be
translated.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_mark

The machinery guideline (applies only to "machines") specifically
demands translation of a lot of information!

This all applies for EU countries. I do not know much about other
countries e.g. in Africa or Asia. However meanwhile most of these
have similar standards, guidelines and rules.

Best regards

Winfried
(Munich, Germany)