Background with JPEG

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 03:50:31 PST 2007

The short answer is "no," because (besides being a poor choice for any
publishing use other than www) transparency isn't supported.

If you have Photoshop or a similar program, you can isolate the
background from your subject and set it to white and still use .jpg.

If you want true transparency, you need to pick a graphic file format
that supports it: Photoshop's own format, GIF, or another...

Art

On 2/27/07, jacquet <bobitch at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> when you import jpeg images (pictures of spare parts), is it possible not to
> have a white or greyish square background appear ?
>
> Do you import in another format or is there a trick to have the background
> disappear ?
>
> Thank you all,
>
> Mathieu.

> Personnalisez votre Messenger avec Live.com
> http://www.windowslive.fr/livecom/

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358