Installing Frame5.5 - virtual memory issue

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Tue Feb 27 08:52:18 PST 2007

Joe Campo wrote:
> When I tried installing Frame 5.5 on my new pc, a message popped up
> saying Director 5.5 needed 3MB of free virtual memory.
>
> I kept trying to adjust my virtual memory in Control Panel, System,
> Advanced, Performance, Advanced, Virtual memory, Change.
>
> However, the Currently Allocated value continually shows the old value,
> not the new size value I put under Custom Size.
>

> Are there any secrets to setting the virtual memory size?

The virtual memory is disk space that Windoze treats like RAM. The
Currently Allocated value will always be something between the initial
and maximum values you set, but changing the maximum won't automatically
cause Windoze to allocate that much. It will allocate only as much as it
needs.

Are you rebooting after changing the setting? Do you have lots of free
disk space? Are you attempting the installation immediately after
rebooting, before running any other apps?

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical writers explain How to Work the Product."

Get Firefox!
http://tinyurl.com/8q9c5