Find / Replace special

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 28 04:10:32 PST 2007

At 11:06 +0000 28/2/07, mathieu jacquet wrote:

>So now how do I find a word having the bold attribute and change it to Default font + "XYZ" character format?...

First, create the character style you need.

Second, set up FrameMaker's standard Find/Replace to search for the character format to which you want to apply the tag.

Next, apply the tag to the first instance manually, then use Copy Special to copy the character format

Finally, set Find/Replace Change field to 'By pasting' and run through all your character instances, pasting the new character tag.

--
Steve