Frame's future

Paul Findon pfindon at infopage.net
Wed Feb 28 06:45:46 PST 2007

On 27 Feb 2007, at 22:55, Paul Pehrson wrote:

> Jumping in a bit late here,
>
> But why are Mac users jumping on the MadCap hope bandwagon? MadCap
> products also only work on Windows. The problem will be the same
> whether your tool of choice is Blaze or Frame.

It's quite simple really. One of our frustrations is that there is no
FrameMaker alternative on the Mac. The general feeling is that if
we're forced to use Windows, be it via virtualization, Boot Camp, or
a real PC, since most of us have lost the appetite for Adobe
software, we'd rather use something else, and MadCap's Blaze looks
promising.

Don't worry. Hopefully, there will be an introductory cross-grade
offer for Windows FrameMaker users, too.

Paul
<http://www.fm4osx.org/>