master pages not stable

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 02:26:25 PST 2007

Hi Paul,

You do not describe the problem extensively enough to give a final
reply on this, but from what you say I would give the following
answer:

If you add text before a manually or by rule applied master page, the
master page will not "move" with the text. However if you have a
setting in your Reference pages that applies certain master pages to a
given format tag or an element tag, updating the book or directly
"Format" > "Page Layout" > "Apply Master Pages" will reapply the
master pages at the correct locations.

Since I understand that it is the "first" master page that is the
problem, and will, seemingly arbitrarily, be assigned to any other
page, I would guess that you have the "first" master pages bound to a
paragraph (or element) tag in your Ref. pages and are (by accident?)
using this tag somewhere in the middle of the file. However the master
page is not applied automatically, you need to apply it as mentioned
above.

HTH,

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson