Translators

Wed Jan 3 09:59:36 PST 2007

Andersen, Verner Engell VEA wrote:

> We are migrating from MS Word to Framemaker. Many of our 22
> translators will use FrameMaker or Trados S-tagger. Some,
> however, will only us MS Word as they cannot or will not
> learn a new tool.
>
> How do we give them a Word file?

While it's possible, by various methods others have suggested, why would
your company want to incurr the extra expense and trouble of repeatedly
converting from FM to Word and back again?

It seems to me that if you've decided to migrate to FM, you've decided
to migrate to FM -- why do translators who "cannot or will not learn a
new tool" get to veto that decision? If they won't accommodate your
company's decision, replace them.

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs