Some Pointers for IXgen

John Posada jposada01 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 4 11:34:17 PST 2007

Hi, guys...this will be the first time I'm using IXgen to generate a
set of index sections. Let me know if what I want to do is
unreasonable.

My document set contains about eight book, with four of them over (or
close to over) 200 pages. I want to generate an index for each
book...don't worry, I don't want a master index (at least not yet).
However, I want to apply the same list of words and phrases against
each book.

What I envision is to index each book, then merge the words and
phrases into one master list. When it comes time to gen the index,
use the same list for each book.

This sound reasonable? I'm going to be studying the manual. However,
in the mean time, can someone give me a very highlevel description of
how I'll approach this?

Thanks

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."