Grouping Definitions

MATT TODD mtodd at arielcorp.com
Fri Jan 5 06:19:08 PST 2007

Hi, everyone,

I am a newbie using FM 7.0. Does FM provide a way to group character
definitions or paragraph styles. For example, in the Character
Definition window, I'd like to place all size definitions in a "Size"
folder and all color definitions in a "Color" folder, and I'd like those
folders to appear in the Character Definition window selection pop-up.
I'd like the same thing in the Paragraph Designer - all paragraph styles
having to do with tables in a "Table" folder, all styles defining
numbered, lettered, or bulleted lists in a "Lists" folder - and those
folders to appear in the Paragraph Designer selection pop-up.

Anyway to accomplish this in native FM, or perhaps a script? By the way,
I'm the same Matt who won the LavaCon registration at the 2006 Austin
Chautauqua.

Matt