book paginating woes

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Tue Jan 9 06:00:22 PST 2007

A few helpful expansions on David's excellent response:

It's the Start On setting of the *following* file in the book that
causes the behavior you describe in your "problem" files.
If you get a blank verso page in a chapter, the second place
to look (after making sure that the current chapter is set to
Delete Empty Pages) is the pagination properties of the
next file in the book.

Also note that the Next Available option that David mentions
is only available from the book window. The pagination properties
you set in the individual chapter apply if you ever print that
chapter on its own, and without the context of the book there
is no notion of "next available".

Finally, you can set the pagination properties for a group of
chapter files in the same operation by selecting the chapters
in the book window and then right-clicking and choosing
Pagination from the pop-up menu.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ