Convert from Word or Robohelp to FrameMaker

Rene Stephenson rinnie1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 08:01:52 PST 2007

WebWorks used to have the solution: the Import Utility - purchased  separately. I don't know if that's still available for ePub, bc I  haven't used it since WWP 2003. However, this Import Utility would take  a RoboHelp project file (MPJ, I think?) and convert the whole thing,  allowing you to map the RH styles to WWP styles, and retaining all the  hyperlinks, popups, etc.

  The only drawback is that it would create a  single MIF for the WHOLE RH PROJECT, so it was one humongous MIF!! Due  to the size of the MIF, you'd have to be pretty patient w/ FM about  opening it. But, once it's open, just save it as an FM file.

  After that, Rick Quatro has a handy little script for sale that can  split out the single FM file into separate FM files at a given heading  level - say, whatever your Heading1 style would be.

  HTH
  Rene Stephenson

"Andersen, Verner Engell VEA" <verner.andersen at radiometer.dk> wrote:
Hi

I have designed my Framemaker template and my Webworks  ePublisher Pro stationary. It works fine. I am ready for paper and  online dhtml help output.

Now I have to migrate either the Word chapters to Framemaker/Webworks or the Robohelp online help to Webworks/Framemaker.

The Robohelp and Word sources are more or less identical. Should I convert from Word or Robohelp?

Are  there any pre-processing tips? For example I anticipate that I should  change all Word or Robohelp style names to match those in my new  templates.

Regards,

Verner Andersen
Technical Writer

Radiometer Medical ApS