Looking for an editable output from Frame 7.2

Gordon McLean Gordon.McLean at GrahamTechnology.com
Tue Jan 9 06:31:55 PST 2007

The only problem comes if they edit enough to change the page numbers (which
will screw up cross references). If it's only very minor changes (say form
fields or UI element names?) then they might get away with just editing and
saving the RTF. No 'republishing' required.

Alternatively you are probably looking at something clever with XML, XSLT
(?) and some sort of engine that they can use to rebuild things... be
quicker asking them to buy a copy of FrameMaker to be honest.

Gordon McLean
---
My opinions are my own.

-----Original Message-----
From:
framers-bounces+gordon.mclean=grahamtechnology.com at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces+gordon.mclean=grahamtechnology.com at lists.frameus
ers.com]On Behalf Of Greg Thompson
Sent: 09 January 2007 05:46
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Looking for an editable output from Frame 7.2

   Hi:

   My current client wants me to provide them with output from the Frame
guide
   I created for them in a format they can edit, not using Frame. Then they
   want to be able to re-publish these files (again, not using Frame) and
have
   them look the same way they looked when I created them in Frame.

   I am an experienced Frame user but not a guru and I doubt that what they
   want is possible.

   I know I can save Frame files as html, xml, text, or rtf and edit them.
But
   I doubt that I can republish them and have them look like they did in
Frame
   without using Frame

   Thoughts?
   Greg Thompson
or visit
http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/gordon.mclean%40grahamte
chnology.com

This email (and any attachments) is private and confidential, and is intended solely for the
addressee. If you have received this communication in error please remove it and inform us via
telephone or email. Although we take all possible steps to ensure mail and attachments
are free from malicious content, malware and viruses, we cannot accept any responsibility
whatsoever for any changes to content outwith our administrative bounds. The views represented
within this mail are solely the view of the author and do not reflect the views of the organisation
as a whole.