Looking for an editable output from Frame 7.2

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 9 09:25:07 PST 2007

At 08:49 -0800 9/1/07, Gillian Flato wrote:

>Just make it a PDF and then, in the PDF, click File > Send for Review.
>Acrobat will make the PDF editable.
>
>Caveat: You must possess Acrobat Professional 7.0 or greater. The editor
>just needs the free Adobe Reader.

And Acrobat can handle line and page reflows? This is not my understanding of what Acrobat is about.

My reading of Greg's posting was that his clients wanted to take his FrameMaker documentation forwards into future versions without FrameMaker. And perhaps without Greg.

Lynne's point is sound (of course ;-), but if Greg's client is unwilling to tool up in FrameMaker, they're likely to be unwilling cubed to buy into a good XML editing environment, or to accept editing raw XML, iwht. Greg would also have to climb the structure FrameMaker mountain (unless he's already done so).

--
Steve Rickaby
WordMongers Ltd		                 http://www.wordmongers.com