PDF to framemaker

Peter Ring pri at ddf.dk
Mon Jan 15 01:30:01 PST 2007

Dov is of course correct in stating that PDF should be considered a
final form document format. But, nevertheless, PDF can be used as an
input or intermediate format when converting legacy documents formats to
XML [1][2].

CambridgeDocs and Exegenix are used by many markup shops, not just for
one-off conversion of 'old' legacy documents -- also for ongoing
production. The process is *not* cheap and easy to set up, but it will
sometimes be the only viable solution. It may be cost-effective compared
to changing the ways documents are initially created.

kind regards
Peter Ring

[1] http://www.cambridgedocs.com/products/overview/pdf2xml.htm
[2] http://exegenix.com/technology/ecs_engine.html