PDF to framemaker

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Mon Jan 15 08:32:50 PST 2007

You could/should be a bit more specific about what you mean
by Adobe "fixing up the RTF to FM filter." If you are finding
bugs, by all means officially report them!

You should be aware that many of the "RTF to anything else"
conversion issues do relate to inconsistencies between how
Microsoft itself produces and/or interprets RTF in various
versions and releases of Word. Even within a particular version
of Word, you can see discrepancies. Many of these have to do
with character encodings, especially anything other than
base ASCII characters! This is especially true if you are
copying text from old Word documents from times prior to that
in which Unicode was supported.

	- Dov