PDF to framemaker

Gagne, Bernard (Bolton) bgagne at husky.ca
Mon Jan 15 11:22:55 PST 2007

I frequently get Word files with embedded graphics from our engineers. The
best way I have found to get the content in Frame has been to save the Word
file as both HTML and TXT. I then extract the graphics from the HTML
graphics folder, import the TXT, and reformat according to our template.
I never try to replicate the format of the Word doc. Since our engineers
rarely use styles, all I ever end up with in the RTF is a bunch of
overrides.
Just my $0.02 worth.

Berny Gagne
Lead Writer