Question about glossary terms

Roger Bell RBell at vcgsoftware.com
Tue Jan 16 06:56:22 PST 2007

I am creating unstructured guides in FrameMaker 7.2. The guides are
primarily for print, but our customers also received PDF copies.

There are terms that I need to define, so I have created a glossary. I
want to use a visual indicator, so that anyone using either the print or
the PDF guide would know that a term is defined in the glossary.

So far I have been using a graphic question mark icon that I place
directly beside a term. I describe the meaning of the icon in the
typographical conventions section of each guide's introduction.

Any thoughts on a better way to indicate glossary entries? I am not
wanting to use a cross-reference or hyperlink in particular, but I'm
willing to consider all suggestions.

Regards,
Roger Bell
Technical Writer
770.246.2300 x 1181
VCG, Inc.
The power to succeed.
www.vcgsoftware.com <http://www.vcgsoftware.com/>
1805 Old Alabama Road, Suite 250
Roswell, GA 30076
is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the