XML and FrameMaker

Pedro Pastor pps at dlsi.ua.es
Wed Jan 17 10:46:25 PST 2007

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the info, but DocBook is not the problem here. I have some good
command of the XML DocBook DTD (from version 3). I have also developed
simplified version for DocBook for organization specific needs (just to
realize myself that there is nothing better than using the original).

To my understanding, the key point in this discussion is that FrameMaker is
not a "native" SGML/XML tool. It has its own way of dealing with structured
documents. In some way, it has reinvented the wheel (being SGML much older
than FM, and with many SGML processing tools available out there).

I could be wrong, but I could find at least some other people that are
thinking (more o less) the same way:

http://www.getnet.net/~swhitlat/DocBook/Frame_Project_Readme.php