I want the crossreference to show the whole image

rinch at Inficon.com rinch at Inficon.com
Wed Jan 17 13:32:21 PST 2007

Ok, sorry, I am moving too fast this afternoon. Our users with trackballs
did NOT like the single page feature.

Is it too late for another coffee?

Regards,
Richard

Richard Combs wrote, "Frankly, every solution other than putting the
captions above the
figures is a kludge -- which is why we put captions above the figures.
Captions above make more sense anyway -- tell the reader what you're
going to show them before you show it, not after."

We played all of these "kludge" games and gave up on them. Our users with
trackballs did like the single page layout, either. Ultimately, we changed
our Style Guide to put captions at the top of our figures (and tables). No
one has complained since we made that shift. Honestly, I think it makes
more sense to have the captions at the top of the figure anyway, from a
"linear read" perspective.

Regards,
Richard

Richard Inch
Technical Documentation Manager
Intelligent Sensor Solutions
INFICON
Two Technology Place
East Syracuse, NY 13057-9714
phone: +315.434.2507
fax: +315.437.3803
e-mail: richard.inch at inficon.com
http://www.inficon.com

NOTICE: - This message including any attachments is intended only for the
use of the designated recipient(s) named above and may contain
confidential information protected by law. If you are not the intended
distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and
delete the original message including any attachments.