Font Issues on Windows XP in FrameMaker 7.2

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 06:08:29 PST 2007

It sounds as if printer fonts are being invoked...

Try setting your default printer to the Adobe PDF instance. And you
should be able to print to that same logical printer; separate
printing of a PostScript file and then distilling isn't required.
(It's possible that the PostScript driver of whatever printer you are
using isn't true PS too -- I've had trouble with HP emulators in the
past.. )

Art

On 1/18/07, Brenda Waltermeyer <Brenda.Waltermeyer at jhuapl.edu> wrote:
> All,
>
> I have a situation on FrameMaker 7.2 with Fonts (windows XP) not displaying
> correctly.
> The font looks ok on the screen but when I print or PDF the document some of
> the titles
> look like they have no space after each word. Also on the screen the line is
> not wrapping
> because it has plenty of room for the words.
>

> I¹ve changed the make.ini ³DisplayUsingPrinterMetrics² to be ON and my
> machine now PDF and
> Prints the document correctly if it was created on my machine. I also made
> the same modification
> on my coworkers machine and it did help her when she prints, but not if she
> PDF the document.
> So I moved her document to my machine and it still deed not work when I PDF
> the document.
> We are using the ³Save as PDF² feature in FM 7.2. I also tried using the
> print to file and then
> distilling the document, with no success.
>
> Any thoughts on how to fix this problem would be appreciated.

> Brenda L. Waltermeyer
> Lead Desktop Publisher
> The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
> National Security Technology Department
> Visual Information, Editorial, and Web Services, STB-4 Section
> Room 8-375
> Phone: (443) 778-8748

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358