SOLVED: Dissimilar Page Sizes - FM 7.0 - Structured to PDFs

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 08:39:58 PST 2007

The "why" is likely a slight difference in the job settings in use
when you run Distiller and print from FM. For instance, in the Acrobat
job settings, there's a checkbox that allows the settings (page size,
for example) in the PS file to override Acrobat settings. Unchecked, I
think it would impose the default Acrobat page size.

It's likely to be a small thing like that, something that's easy to overlook.

Art

On 1/18/07, Bob Williams <bob.williams.bristol.ri at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to all on the list and the replies.  We had a problem generating PDFs
> with all of the dissimilar page sizes not coming out correctly (truncated
> page content on larger sized pages) and having all of the links working
> correctly.
>
> Our 'fix' has been to use the Adobe PDF printer settings and Distiller in
> sequence to process the Frame book out as a .PS file (with Acrobat Data) and
> then generate the PDFs from Distiller.  Works fine, simple process.
>
> What I still don't really 'get' is why, (we're using Frame 7.0) doesn't this
> work correctly from Frame itself, to just print a book directly as a PDF
> with all of the page sizing and link functionality working as a single
> selection function?  Like 'Save Book As PDF' or something, since Frame
> obviously knows the differing page sizes and the link information already?
> Since we are trying to improve (streamline and simplify) our process, is
> there something that I'm missing here, being somewhat 'new' to Frame?
>
> Regards all and thanks again,
>
> Bob Williams
> Tech Pubs, LLC
> Westerly RI