Purchasing Fonts

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 09:17:30 PST 2007

I'd go with OpenType because it can be used more places and is more flexible.

In Distiller, make sure that Distiller is set to embed fonts, and that
the directories in which your fonts are stored are listed...

If you install the font properly in Windows, FM will recognize it. I
don't know e-Publisher, but if it conforms to Windows conventions,
there isn't any reason it wouldn't see the font.

For differences on the font formats:
http://www.adobe.com/type/topics/info9.html
http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/fonts/a/02wfb_digital.htm
http://www.styopkin.com/articles/font_formats_overview.html

Art

On 1/19/07, Carrie Keeling <carrie.keeling at computershare.com> wrote:
> Framers,
>
> I'm looking to purchase a font to use in my documentation. I'd like it
> to work in FrameMaker, display in my PDF and in e-Publisher. There are
> several options when I try to purchase it. They are opentype (PC, Mac),
> Win TrueType, and WinPostScript. Which one do I need?
>
> I am using FrameMaker 7.2 with the distiller option that comes with it,
> and e-Publisher 9.2 on Windows XP.
>
> Once I purchase the font, how do I get these applications to recognize
> it? What directory do I need to add it to?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Carrie Keeling
> Quality Assurance Analyst/Information Developer > World Records
> Computershare
> 2 Enterprise Drive, Shelton, CT 06484
> T 1 203 944 7300 x163
> www.worldrecordsonline.com <http://www.worldrecordsonline.com/>