Frame Server experiences?

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 06:17:49 PST 2007

Hi Rick,

Yeah, I'm pretty comfortable with the FM integration; I was actually
looking/asking for feedback on experiences with using "FrameScript,
Frame Developers Kit, Miramo, Patternstream, etc." to drive the
project...

As with most things Frame, there seems to be half a dozen ways to get
from here to there, with different amounts of scenic routes, highway,
and different waypoints. ;- )

Art

On 1/22/07, Rick Quatro <frameexpert at truevine.net> wrote:
> Hi Art,
>
> As Max said, Frame Server is no different from desktop FrameMaker except for
> the license agreement. Any integration you can do with desktop FrameMaker
> can be done with Frame Server, including FrameScript, Frame Developers Kit,
> Miramo, Patternstream, etc.
>
> Rick Quatro
> Carmen Publishing
> 585-659-8267
> www.frameexpert.com
>

> > Looking at using Frame Server to automate pagination and production of
> > boilerplate text that pretty much fills one page of a two-page
> > instruction sheet that's packaged with different parts; content varies
> > depending on part number.
> >
> > The second page would be manually produced.
> >
> > Output to .pdf.
> >
> > At the moment, there's no back end to serve the boilerplate to FS, but
> > I understand most SQL databases will work.
> >
> > Any feedback on the plan or implementation would be valuable.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Art

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358