High quality images

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 09:13:22 PST 2007

I use SnagIt, a dedicated screen capture program. Although I save to
.png files, direct saves to EPS and .PDF are supported; I'd pick .PDF
before I'd use EPS....

In either case though, SnagIt saving directly to a file is a cheaper,
quicker method that doesn't require manual work in Photoshop. Or
Photoshop at all, for that matter.

SnagIt also includes a FM menu that makes taking the snap and
integrating... a snap.

Cheers,
Art

On 1/26/07, Clara Hall <clara.hall at crossmatch.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> We have recently adopted a procedure to yield the highest quality images
> which includes the following steps:
>
> 1.      Alt-PrintScrn the image into Photoshop
> 2.      Save the image as a "Photoshop EPS".  Make sure "Image
> Interpolation" is set.
>
> This sets a image dictionary key that Adobe PostScript Level 2, Adobe
> PostScript 3, Acrobat, and Acrobat Reader use to do very high
>
> quality image interpolation and/or downsampling appropriate to the
> device's actual resolution and technology at the time the image is
> viewed or printed. (Distiller passes this key along from PostScript or
> EPS in a PostScript stream into the equivalent PDF image key!)
>
> 3.      Import the resultant EPS file into FM.

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358