Disk vs memory

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 09:26:56 PST 2007

I think they're probably lost, but you could try searching for *.fm*
files because some time-saved files have a system-generated suffix.
Assuming Windows, make sure your search includes hidden and system
folders.

You might also tell your network guys that REAL sysadmins work under
cover of night...
When the users are in bed.

Art

On 1/30/07, Michael.Long at thomson.com <Michael.Long at thomson.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> My associate and I have just discovered that all our work in FrameMaker
> yesterday is likely lost. The network people were updating servers
> yesterday and unknowingly lost our files and probably others. Can anyone
> tell if and where I can find those files on our C drives, which I assume
> is the "disk" referred to in Frame doc?
>
> I recall and find references in Frame doc to the interaction between
> computer memory and disk, which suggests that copies of all saves are
> stored on C. But I find no information identifying a location on the
> disk that files are saved to.  A search of C for the .fm files didn't
> turn up the targets.
>
> Tips are welcome--the sooner the better.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>

> Mike Long
> Team Leader, User Documentation