FrameMaker 5.5.6 > Word > InDesign help needed

Wolfgang Kühn w.kuehn at wcr.de
Wed Jan 31 07:15:07 PST 2007

Kenneth C. Benson wrote:
> Indesign 2.0 was kind of primitive. IDCS2 offers anchored objects. I don't
> think ID2 could anchor (but it's been awhile), so she might want to consider
> upgrading first.

Anchored objects are a very new feature of IDCS2. The DOC/RTF import
filter of IDCS2 was completely re-designed and has many new features. I
agree totally with Steve: ID2.0 was very primitive (not a challenger for
Quark) but in this edition Adobe integrates the FM book feature and many
other features from FM. That was also the reason why many technical
writers declared FM as dead at that time.

WoK