character tags in cross reference text

Grant Hogarth Grant.Hogarth at Reuters.com
Wed Jan 31 12:51:41 PST 2007

If the options are redundant/replicated two options I can think of are:
1: A variable for each option, as variables can contain formatting
2: An inset for each option.

Or perhaps I'm missing a bit....

Grant
Grant Hogarth
Senior Technical Writer
Equis International - A Reuters Company
ghogarth at Equis.com / Grant.Hogarth at Reuters.com
Direct: (+1) 801.270.3180   Main Fax: (+1) 801.265.3999

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-bounces+grant.hogarth=reuters.com at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces+grant.hogarth=reuters.com at lists.frameusers.com]
On Behalf Of rebecca officer
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 1:45 PM
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com; Caroline Tabach
Subject: RE: character tags in cross reference text

Hi Caroline

Thanks for that, but unfortunately - as Niels thought - it doesn't work
in this situation. We have text like this:

parameter1 option1 parameter2 parameter3 option3

where option1 and option3 need to be in italics. And the number of
parameters and options varies.

I have a nasty feeling I've seen other people post similar requests in
the dim dark past and get no solutions, but thought I'd see if anyone's
invented something clever.

Cheers, Rebecca

>>> "Caroline Tabach" <Caroline at radcom.com> 31/01/07 22:27 >>>
I think you would need to make a special cross reference style that you
use just to create the cross references to the commands.
Then  define for that cross reference style that the characters should
appear in italics (i.e. use for the cross reference the character tag
that is used for the commands)

Caroline Tabach
Technical/Marcom Writer
Fax:         +972 3 6474681