Unavailable Character Encodings

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 2 09:35:12 PDT 2007

Just to clarify a bit, you have to turn off the "Remember..." option
*before* you open the file. And then after you have opened the
file and saved it with the font substitutions, you shouldn't forget
to turn the "Remember..." option back on, because in most
circumstances it is a very good idea.

Also, if you are not happy with the substitution mapping that
FrameMaker uses (which may not make a very appropriate
substitution in every case because FrameMaker has no knowledge
about the characgteristics of the missing font), you either need
to do the substitution manually (by *not* turning the Remember...
option off) or by editing the substitution table (which is moderately
arcane) before you use the Remember... option to make a
permanent substitution.