Call User Variables at Book Level

Denise Kadilak Denise.Kadilak at Blackbaud.com
Tue Jul 3 05:46:54 PDT 2007

We cannot determine how to call a user variable in FrameMaker for the
entire .book file. For example, I know how to import variable
definitions at the .book level. However, if I want to call a user
variable definition for an entire .book file, I cannot tell how to do
that? I have checked FrameMaker books & help files. The information
stops at importing variable definitions at the .book level. We know we
can call these in WWeP. We also know we can get a plug-in for Frame to
then call the variable definitions. It just seems FrameMaker should have
implemented something in the actual software for this??