creating a rotated master page

Maxwell Hoffmann mhoffmann at translate.com
Wed Jul 4 04:46:10 PDT 2007

Hi Leah,

I assume that you want a rotated (landscape) page, with headers and footers that cosmetically appear "rotated" on the left and right side of the rotate page, but a "right reading" body column which you can edit when viewing body pages.

Try this:
== View=>Master Pages
== Special=>Add Master Page
   == Name the Page and choose which existing Master Page
      to copy (e.g. right or left)
== Format=>Customize Layout=>Rotate Page Clockwise
(You now have a rotated page with heades and footers where you wish them)
== Use the drawing tools to carefully draw a red box exactly over the
   body column
== Select the body column (control click) on master page and Graphics=>Rotate=>Counterclockwise
== Carefully resize and reposition Body Column so that it is exactly on top of the red box you drew.
== Select the red box and delete it
== NOTE: you now have a landscape page with "rotated" vertical headers and footers on either side of the page.
== View Body Page
== Create a blank paragraph and give it a page break to start a new page
== Format=>Page Layout=>Master Page Usage and choose your new master page style
   from () Custom
== you have a landscape page (with sideheads) and headers/footers where you want them
== create a table that is wider than the non-head area of the sidehead, and your table will fill the width of the page.
== if you wish to have the master page style paginate with the table, you may wish to create a special paragraph style for starting landscape pages, and then map that paragraph style to your new master page. Look up "Assigning master pages to body pages containing paragraph tags" in FrameMaker's online help.

I hope this helped, and that my assumptions were correct in what you were trying to achieve.

Maxwell Hoffmann
Manager of Consulting & Training Solutions
ENLASO Corporation
T: 805 494 9571 * F: 805 435 1920
E: mhoffmann at translate.com ♦ ENLASO Corporation provides quality enterprise language solutions and exceeds client expectations through continuing research, development, and implementation of effective localization processes and technologies.  Visit: www.translate.com for more information or to subscribe to our complimentary localization newsletter.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/maxwellhoffmann