Saving "Find" definitions

Maxwell Hoffmann mhoffmann at translate.com
Thu Jul 5 13:31:20 PDT 2007

Menahem,

I am not aware of such a feature in FrameMaker (unless there is some sort of plug-in out there.) There is a shortcut you can use when searching for combinations of conditional text.
1) insert your cursor into text that has the combination of conditions you are searching for
2) when you open the FIND menu and choose "Conditional Text" ... The Conditional Text Menu will open up showing your current text insertions settings. When you click "set", that is what you are searching for.

... You can create a simple "FIND" boilerplate document that has lines of text with the combinations of conditional text you wish to search for. You can insert your cursor in the desired instance, set up a new search, then go to your target document and start searching.

I hope this tip provides some relief. Your suggestion is a great feature request.

Maxwell Hoffmann
Manager of Consulting & Training Solutions
ENLASO Corporation
T: 805 494 9571 * F: 805 435 1920
E: mhoffmann at translate.com ♦ ENLASO Corporation provides quality enterprise language solutions and exceeds client expectations through continuing research, development, and implementation of effective localization processes and technologies.  Visit: www.translate.com for more information or to subscribe to our complimentary localization newsletter.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/maxwellhoffmann