Strange Footnotes Request

Marc Creaghan marc.creaghan at sympatico.ca
Fri Jul 6 09:22:02 PDT 2007

   Hi Everybody,

   I have an interesting challenge for you if you're up to it. I don't
   know if it can be done though.

   My client wants to add footnotes at the bottom of the page with extra
   "notes on the footnotes" below it.

   Here is an example of what he is looking for:

   MAIN TEXT

   It will be months before the proof can be thoroughly
   checked^(1). But if true, it will verify a statement about
   three-dimensional^(2) objects that has haunted mathematicians
   for nearly a century, and its consequences will reverberate
   through geometry and physics.

   FOOTNOTES ON MAIN TEXT

    1. This was attempted many times^(a).

   With regard to two dimensional objects there has been many styudies
   conducted within the last ten years^(b). However the results were not
   unanimous^(c).

   NOTES ON FOOTNOTES

    a. See T. Johnsons experiment with whole integers Harvard, 1999; also
       the laboratory assessment of the Princeton team of physical and
       aeronuatical exploration. In their essay 2001. Published by
       Princeton Books.

   (b) There have reports of tests as far back as 1978 conducted at the
   Massachusets Institue of Technology with resuls at odds however the
   documentation is scant and unreliable in the word of the M.I.T team.
   (c) See Statistics of Physical amalgams pp109-234: The Logic of
   Infinity p. 108.

   I can add a footnotes at the bottom of the page and add the "notes on
   the footnotes" in another file and hide some other cross references to
   a hidden footnote on the main page. I can't add the titles though.

   Adding an extra text frame might work but then I can't guarantee the
   amount of space needed for the information that I want to add.

   Anyone have a thought how this might work in Frame or in Word?

   I am using Frame 7.2 on Windows XP.

   Thanks in advance,

   Marc