Strange Footnotes Request

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 8 02:10:35 PDT 2007

At 13:01 -0600 7/7/07, Combs, Richard wrote:

>I'm with Art. If I could think of a way to do what your client wants, I
>wouldn't tell you as a matter of principle -- because it
>_ought_not_to_be_done_.

That aside, here's a pointer if you really have to do it. FrameMaker won't let you enter tables in footnotes, but it *will* let you put an anchored frame in a footnote.

At 12:22 -0400 6/7/07, Marc Creaghan wrote:

>   I can add a footnotes at the bottom of the page and add the "notes on
>   the footnotes" in another file and hide some other cross references to
>   a hidden footnote on the main page. I can't add the titles though.

You can put a text frame into the anchored frame, and then put anything you like in that, including inserted files. I've no idea how this will play with pagination reflows, though. I am looking at a scratch test file that has heading paras 'in' a footnote.

Have fun ;-)

[In Word, no idea: the stuff of nightmares.]

--
Steve